Jun 17, 2010

Why People Change ?

Below white dots, when thoughts are pink
I ease with the breeze and often think
and a gloomy thought wets me from rain
that people around me, why they change?

A lamb in love licks butcher’s hand
about to slaughter its throat till end
Till final blow, it remains sane
then people around me, why they change?

They cuddle a garland in other’s neck
But after marriage, weaken their pledge
that throat once flowered, is still the same
then people around me, why they change?

Those lovers, were so serenely sentimental
Have turned so obscenely corporeal
If flesh in the bed and grave is same
then people around me, why they change?

A child weeps when her anger he bears
but sobs her mother’s name in those tears
if gravity of relation can never be blamed
then people around me alas… why they change.

~Abhishek Mishra

5 comments:

  1. Nice work Abhishek.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicely written...

    ReplyDelete
  4. "If flesh in the bed and grave is same
    then people around me, why they change?"


    ipromise to give you the answer with a self composed poem. Stay tuned!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heres my answer
    http://anubhashita.blogspot.in/2014/05/is-that-what-brings-us-change.html

    ReplyDelete

Anything you'd like to say?
By the way, like any nice guy, I too hate spam :)